I mean come on, can't she save some pretty for the
rest of us girls?
However, it takes a lot more than BB Cream and Pact to make their skin this flawless. They have rigorous skin care routines and watch their diets to keep their skin and bodies looking glamorous.
Look at that! Barely any makeup and beautiful looking skin.
I could kill for that skin-call me "Korea Celebrity Chainsaw Massacre". XD
Now here, I will unfold the secrets of marvelous skin...
Easy Steps to get the Skin You Want
Even when you walk out in Korea, you'll see people with great skin. Many Koreans invest hundreds to thousands of dollars a month for skin care and beauty products. However, you don't need to spend lots of money to have beautiful skin but you should be well equipped and dedicated.
"Omg, how do you get your skin like that?!"
Take off your makeup when you get home!
Yes, yes, yes. I know. You've heard this one countless times but you have to listen to me! Wipe that gunk off your face AS SOON AS you get home. I don't care how many fancy, schmancy anti-aging moisturizing properties it has. Makeup is a temporary solution that is only supposed to be worn for a few hours.
- First, take cleansing oil or makeup remover and remove your eye make up. That stuff is the hardest to take off.
- Go wash your face.
- Moisturize and continue with your skin care regimen.
Now, how are you going to wash your face? Here's how you should.
- Take your face soap and use warm water to work up a lather.
- Wash your face using upwards and outwards motions. This helps to prevent wrinkles. (This also applies when applying lotion and makeup)
- Rinse your face with COLD water. This closes up pores and helps tighten your skin.
- Continue with skin care routine.
*If you're taking a shower, wash your face AFTER you wash your hair. Residue from your hair that comes off with the shampoo and conditioner can stick onto your face after you wash it.
Rain works hard for his skin! You should too!
Know your Skin Type
Know what type of skin you have. If you have oily skin, you want to look for lotions and products without much oil. If you have dry skin, look for products with moisturizing qualities. Easy as that.
With all the skin products out on the market, now a days it isn't just one type fits all. Look for products that fit your needs. A lot of times, you might have to go through some trial and error but it's MUCH MUCH better than using the wrong product for your skin. Everyone is different, as is everyone's skin.
"I've been using the wrong type of lotion and now my skin's all greasy and gross!"
:( Typical Bad Skin Day
Way to Go for H2O
For all you "not so bright" people out there, H2O is the chemical formula for water, otherwise known as the elixir of life, and for some, a fountain of youth. Drink more of it! I mean, we are mostly made out of water.
Water is crucial to keeping your skin hydrated. It pretty much fixes you from the inside out. No, you won't see a humongous change overnight, but keeping water with you will help keep you hydrated and keep your skin nice and supple.
Water can increase blood flow to skin and give you a nice complexion. Dehydration can lead to more noticeable fine lines and wrinkles
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times
- Try water with mint, lemon, cucumber to encourage drinking
- Trash your sugary drinks, they just make you more thirsty.
Separate Your Face and Bath Towels
You shouldn't be using the same towel for both your face and body. Your body towel has all the leftover residue that wasn't washed in the shower from your body and hair. You don't want that on your face! Here are some more reasons why you should have separate towels:
- Acne! Oils and substances in Shampoos and Conditioners are left on the shampoo and transferred to your face where they can clog pores and cause pimples!
- Germs and Bacteria! Since most people use change bath towels weekly, germs and bacteria can congregate on the towel. When on facial skin, these germs and bacteria can cause a lot of damage!
- Blackhead Prevention! Blackheads are caused by dust, oil and bacteria in pores. Using a separate towel helps prevent this.
"Well, someone hasn't been being thorough!"
I hope you guys enjoyed this! I will soon post another article on what types of products to use and how to use them! The link will be here as soon as I'm done.
Thanks! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or comments! Better yet, leave your comment below!