Sunday, March 25, 2012

SHINee - SHERLOCK Review

Please be aware that I love SHINee. In fact, you could even call me a 샤월 (shawol - what SHINee fans call themselves). But their newest album was disappointing. I'm sorry guys. I mean, you all looked great...just awkward, forced and just weird. (Link to the music video)
What's with the 'fro Minho?!

Okay, let's start off from the beginning of this hype. Everyone heard that SHINee was coming out with another album, blah, blah, blah. I was pretty excited...until the first concept photos came out. I mean, they're all handsome boys but the pictures were just not to my tastes. All I really saw were shirtless malnourished boys. My first thought: Are they feeding them right? 
Taemin, you're going to need a lot more than those grapes to fill out your frame!

My second thought: What is the concept? I mean, all I see are 80s looking retro pictures of skinny boys on vintage furniture. Can anyone clarify? And even when the rest of the concept photos released I couldn't really pick anything up. Did SHINee  just decide to start living in some hippie commune or something? 

PD: "I'm sure this TOTALLY fits the song Sherlock" 

When the song and music video came out I was still a bit confused. I like the song and its really catchy and fun. The dance in the music video is precise and perfect. That's great. So where in the music video did the concept photos fit in? No where. Huh, but wait, aren't concept photos supposed to give a CONCEPT of the song and video before it comes out...? 
WHO IS THAT WEARING A SKIRT?!


I mean, the music video takes place in a museum where all the members are searching around for some girl and a treasure of some sort. They are all dressed in formal English attire and are looking dandy. But wait, I thought they were supposed to be hippies? Oh, one sec, dance part came on. Now they're a biker gang/hippie/America loving fanatics. Yep. That's what I see. 

Biker gang/4th of July Costumes?? 

I'm sorry but you need to get a new costume manager because it made no sense and had no correlation with the lyrics or video. I guess the song was okay, but everything else left me confused.

My Reaction: "이거...뭐야?" ("What...is this?")

 SHINee 오빠들, I love you guys even if you confuse me but next time, make it a tad bit easier to interpret your music videos and songs! 




1 comment:

  1. Argan oil contains such important list of nutritional value that are requirements for healthy with good looking hair, skin care such as Wrinkle Reducer. These oil absolutely a natural procedure that makes easier natural material.

    ReplyDelete