Sunday, April 15, 2012

Plastic Surgery in Korean Celebrities

I'm tired of this. Netizens constantly scrutinizing and criticizing Korean celebrities on claims of plastic surgery. So what?! If you're one of those people, you're most likely just jealous. Yeah, I said it.

He's fixed his nose. Does it suddenly make him untalented?


I know people that gush over a celebrity and that person's amazing talent, personality and looks. But when plastic surgery is in question with that one celebrity, people suddenly dislike the artist as though the fact that he/she might have had plastic surgery negates their talent.

Celebrities under fire for plastic surgery (or suspected plastic surgery) are:

  • Park Bom of 2NE1
  • Hyoyeon of SNSD
  • Shindong of Super Junior
  • Eunjung of T-ara
  • Jiyeon from T-ara
  • Goo Hara of Kara
  • AND MANY MORE...
A question to readers: Does plastic surgery affect how you perceive one's talent?


Yep, she's had plastic surgery. Let's bash her and totally ignore the fact that she 
is a terrific dancer and has a great personality (sarcasm). 


Plastic surgery can be beneficial to one if one can accept how he/she looks like and just wants to improve their looks. I am NOT advocating plastic surgery but I am trying to convey that we shouldn't judge those who choose to "go under the knife".

Have I had plastic surgery? No. Do I plan on having plastic surgery? Not currently. I am pretty content with how I look. But it is no reason to judge someone for being unnatural.

When actress, Jung So Min was confronted with plastic surgery rumors, she tweeted, “My plastic surgery rumors are up now. Is it a sin to have plastic surgery? It’s natural for any woman to want to get prettier. Please leave alone people who want to get plastic surgery. It’s not even committing a sin. Only the ones who think ‘I don’t want to get prettier’ should diss plastic surgery beauties.”


You go girl! 
Thank you, Jung So Min! For many women (and men), they are criticized for undergoing procedures to improve themselves aesthetically. Those who criticize them for trying to make themselves look better are hypocrites if they have ever tried to do something to look better themselves. 

I hope that no one takes offense to this post but I would like people to understand that plastic surgery or any aesthetic procedure changes a person's talent or personality. Beauty doesn't equate talent but talent is something that should not be judged in terms of visual beauty and its reality. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is okay for celebrities to perform different types of surgeries. I actually understand where they are coming from. I mean, if I’m going to be in front of the camera most of the time, then I would like to look good always, right? All these celebrities want to do and achieve is to always look presentable for their audience and, most importantly, for their fans.

    Jacinto Hukle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Unfortunately, we as people have a higher propensity to like those more visually appealing. Where abuse of surgical procedures is always a bad thing, fixing oneself up to make them feel better is fine by my standards. And who knows? Maybe one day, we might each want to have a procedure done!

      Delete
  3. Lol this has nothing to do with this post but I really miss this blog, why did you stop it? ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. www.surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery

    ReplyDelete